Saturday, August 18, 2012

If I wrote a poem


If I wrote a poem

If I wrote a poem,
On what would it be-
Would the voices gush over
Should I narrate what I see?

The days rolling quickly,
With dusk chasing the dawn,
Before the sights could sink in
The moment seemed gone.

The flurry of the pedestrians
And the rushing traffic in flight,
The unceasing roar of the marketplace;
The noisy silence of the night.

The frowns of the foreheads
On the rushing bodies in haste,
The tightening noose of the ticking clock
 Judging the hours to be a waste,

In the houses as the evening falls
The engrossing song and dance,
Taking the minds off the lurking demons
Till the return to the trance,

With a weary sigh as the credits roll
It is time to seek some sleep,
Till the morning comes in the flash of a wink
With the alarm’s annoying beep,

If I wrote a poem, it should never be
To narrate what I see,
For reality is dusty, and rusty too,
And poems can help you flee!

No comments:

Post a Comment